Monday, February 03, 2014

2nd Draft Of Leap Of Faith Nearly Done

I finished my start-to-finish editing of Leap of Faith today, only about a week after I started it.  Lots of little inconsistencies were found and fixed, which is typical of a second draft pass (for me, anyway).  I still have one more chore to complete before declaring this version complete, though.  That involves me searching for words that I typically overuse, and reducing the number of occurrences of each until they're down to an acceptable level.  I think on one of my earlier novels I started out with several hundred uses of "but" (in a book that was less than 200 pages long) and eventually got it down to something closer to 150 or so.  I've built up a small list of words to do the ol' search-and-replace on, and that's what I'll be up to tomorrow before I'm done.

No comments: