Friday, February 09, 2007

Story All Finished; Just Need A Few More Posts Now!

It only took me a couple of hours to write, which should relieve those who worry about long posts! In fact, it's under a thousand words, which is quite short for me, in terms of stories. But I'm quite happy with the result, which isn't always the case when I try my hand at fiction. I'll probably continue to tweak it between now and publishing it (as post # 600), because I just can't help myself in that regard. From what I've read, a lot of real authors - the kind that make their living writing - are the same way, even to the point of wishing they could change this or that after publication! I totally get that, since each re-reading tends to reveal new weaknesses that cry out for fixing or opportunities that weren't acted on, so when do you finally stop messing with it and call it "finished?" That's probably where deadlines come in, I guess!

Next up: I have one final issue of Preacher to read, after which I'm going to write a bit about that excellent comic series.

No comments: