Friday, October 17, 2008

Flurry Of Gaming To End The Week

Last night I finished off Lost Planet, a game which I enjoyed way more than I would've expected after I'd played its demo for the first time, almost a year ago. The boss battles, of which there was at least one in each of its 11 levels, were probably my least favourite part; the rest was great fun, with each mission adding some new element to the gameplay and thus keeping it fresh.

Tonight, McChicken and I played a couple hours of Gears of War in Co-op mode (online), and I finally got to see the impressive graphics in the game. On my original XBox 360, I'd left the video in Standard Definition mode (by accident), and couldn't understand why people talked about the great visuals in GoW. When I got the new box home last month and was going through the settings on it, I discovered my mistake and have been enjoying High Definition loveliness ever since. The explosions in Lost Planet looked amazing, and tonight I saw that Gears is pretty strong visually, as well.

There was one part of the game tonight that it took us about 10 tries to get through, but that's OK... it just means that we got to play it longer! :-)

Only 18 more days until Resistance 2 comes out...

No comments: