Tuesday, November 03, 2009

A Slight Reallignment Of The Tutoring Regimen

At my peak, I had six different tutoring students, filling up all late-afternoons and evenings from Monday to Thursday. Two of the six were coming to me for help in non-Math-related areas (spelling and reading comprehension), which never really sat quite right with me considering that I got into this to do Math tutoring.

As of today, however, I'm down to just four students... all for Math! It looks like those four students will account for 7.5 to 8.5 hours per week (one student is currently at 1 hr but may soon bump up to 2), which is a nice, reasonable number of hours to set aside for this part-time job. I'll have one student each in Grades 6, 7, 8 and 11, which provides me with an attractive variety of topics to tackle. As it stands right now, I may also have Tuesdays clear, as that happened to be the weekday upon which the non-Math students had landed in the past. Since Vicki and I have been doing Yoga and sometimes Cycling classes on Tuesdays, that works out very well indeed.

Two months into the school year, I may have finally stabilized my tutoring schedule... of course, I've thought that before and been wrong every time!

No comments: