Saturday, March 03, 2012

Readers Gotta Read

The current draft of my 2nd novel is now in 3 new pairs of hands, doubling the number of people (besides me) who have access to it. I'm hoping that these new readers will provide some fresh perspectives on the story and the writing, and that I can use whatever they tell me to make the book even better.

My current plan is to publish next month, though I don't yet have a good sense of how late in April that might be. I've already been lucky enough to receive a few pre-order requests, and I'll send a mass e-mail out later this month looking for more. Anecdotally, it seems as though virtually everyone who read Game Over and took the time to tell me what they thought of it actually enjoyed it, so I'm cautiously optimistic that I'll get a fair number of repeat buyers from that fact. The new story is quite different from Game Over, of course, even belonging to a different genre, but anyone who enjoyed the style of GO will almost certainly have a similar reaction to the 2nd novel.

I expect I'll be slowly revealing details about the new project over the next several weeks. Stay tuned, if you're interested.

No comments: