Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Catwoman And... Bane?!

I think today's big news of Anne Hathaway being signed for The Dark Knight Rises to play Selina Kyle (the civilian identity of Catwoman, for those who don't know) as well as official word that Tom Hardy (already known to be in the film) will be playing Bat-villain Bane has to be digested with the help of six words:

Batman Begins and The Dark Knight

That small collection of words conjures up nearly five hours of Christopher Nolan Bat-goodness, and therefore fill me with unbridled, and possibly undeserved confidence that he'll make something magical out of an actress that usually doesn't thrill me (Hathaway) and a character who is completely uninteresting to me in the comics (Bane). If anyone can make it work, it's Nolan. So I'll just go with that for now.

No comments: