Sunday, January 28, 2007

Money Well Spent

Approximately a month after finally getting my PS/3, it's looking like a pretty good investment, in terms of entertainment value. I've used it nearly every day over that stretch, often for several hours a day. A lot of that relates to the attraction of both the offline - story mode - and online play of Resistance: Fall of Man, as it's turned out to be quite the draw. We've also played a bunch of hours of Lego Star Wars - The Original Trilogy in Co-op Mode, which Vicki seems to enjoy a bit more than me. One of my criticisms of that game is that it seems like there are things you encounter that you're just not supposed to be able to deal with yet, but instead are expected to go back and replay later, once you've achieved more abilities. That seems like a bit of a rip-off to me, but I suppose it does encourage replay and therefore more gives you more hours of playing.

Anyway, we haven't even tried the other PS/3 game I bought, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, yet. I expect we won't be starting that one until after we've finished at least one of R:FoM or LSW, which probably means sometime in the Spring! (And then there's my new Half-Life game for the PC that I've yet to even open!) I especially like the wireless controllers and better graphics that come with the PS/3. It remains to be seen how long this burst of PlayStation activity lasts, but certainly the early indication is that we're getting our money's worth out of it!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I'd like to try resistance co-op sometime maybe.