Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

It's once again Bonus Time at the workplace, as today most of the full-timers found out what size bonus we're getting this year. Interestingly, I'm getting a slightly smaller percentage this year and yet it seems like a much bigger deal than last year. The reason for this ironic situation is simple: for whatever reason, my boss had done a very good job convincing me, over the past several months, that the bonuses were going to be significantly smaller this time around. I'd actually lowered my expectations to the point where I was resigned to receiving only about 25% - 50% of the target, and then in the end it came in at something like 96% of what we'd gotten last year! Finding that out made for a very sweet Valentine's Day indeed, today!

All that loveliness and a new episode of Lost tonight! Mmm mmm good!

No comments: