Friday, October 23, 2009

Feeling Like That Dog

Reading over this short article in which an Insomniac developer talks about the bad feelings he's had over disappointment with Resistance 2 that some fans have expressed, I can't help but feel a little guilty myself.

I was somewhat disappointed with R2, after all, because its Single Player campaign didn't recreate the sense of awe, suspense and fear that I had while playing its predecessor. On the other hand, though, I spent hundreds of hours in the Cooperative and Competitive arenas of the sequel, just as I had with the original. So in that sense, it wasn't a letdown at all. And the uniqueness of the Coop play made it a "must-have" game all on its own, even without the other components.

So I hope Insomniac can take some of the negative feedback they've received for R2 and transform that energy creatively to make Resistance 3 even better... but they shouldn't believe that the second game was bad, as it really wasn't. In fact, it was one of the best video game experiences I've had in the past several years, and that's saying something!

[Update: Another fan reacts to that same Insomniac article. Definitely worth a read.]

1 comment:

Boneman8 said...

Here here!!