Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Unreal Fun

I've been playing quite a bit of Unreal Tournament 3 on the 360 lately, and remembering just why I loved the original UT so much back in my PC gaming days. For fast-paced, mindless online action, it's hard to beat the Unreal franchise. I've been experimenting with the different weapons, as I always like to do with new games. I was never a big fan of the Flak Cannon in previous incarnations of UT, but now I'm really getting into it. The potential for killing opponents around a corner makes it handy in a lot of situations, I'm finding.

When she was here over Thanksgiving, Tammy joined me for a few matches and I have to say: that kid is a natural when it comes to First Person Shooters! She had never played any Unreal game that I can recall, and yet she was almost instantly proficient at it. She was starting to be able to give as good as she got by the time she had to head back home again.

I'm not sure how long I'll be sticking with this one, though, as I came home from Best Buy last night with Gears of War 2 and Halo 3: ODST. Now all I need is McChicken online, and hilarity should ensue.

2 comments:

Boneman8 said...

Does UT exist in the Playstation universe?

tammy said...

I've been thinking about it a lot! I want to play more!