Wednesday, January 11, 2012

That Update On The 2nd Novel You've All Been Waiting For

Well, Facebook friends of mine have been getting regular updates on it all along, but for the rest of you...

I've just finished the 4th chapter, with one more to go before the first part, or "act," of the story is complete. I've blocked it into three parts in my mind, and am quite excited about being nearly done the first of them. By the time Chapter 5 wraps up, all of the main characters will have been introduced, the central questions within the story will have all been presented, and the reader will hopefully be completely engaged and intrigued. That's the plan, anyway.

Julie's read through Chapter 3 so far, and has seemed to enjoy each new chapter more than the last. She emailed me the following after reading the 3rd installment:

"Love it, love it, love it!!!! Well done. Great writing. Can't wait for Chapter 4!!"

She's not usually one to gush, so either she was drunk when she typed that, or it's really growing on her.

My brother, Richard, has seen or heard all 4 chapters so far, and also seems quite enamored with it. But he's a pushover, so we can't read too much into that. :-)

Anyway, progress is continuing. I'm personally very happy with the results to date, much moreso than I was at this point in the creation of Game Over. Make of that what you will.

No comments: