Thursday, March 29, 2012

Book Update

No Brother of Mine is now very close to being finished. Tammy's edited the first 9 chapters, leaving her 5 more to go. Once I get those from her - hopefully sometime in the next week or so - then it'll be time to order a print draft copy to check over. When that's taken of, I'll place the big order and we'll be off to the races.

Despite being very busy at work at the moment, Tammy's been providing excellent edits all the way from Australia. She's thorough, and insightful, and clearly invested in the story. I find that I end up incorporating the vast majority of her suggested changes, as well as making other alterations to address concerns that she's raised at various points. I lost Julie as an editor beyond the first 4 chapters this time around because of her hectic schedule, but Tammy has subbed in extremely well, and I can't thank her enough for that!

And just a reminder that if you want a copy of No Brother of Mine and haven't pre-ordered it yet, please do so ASAP. I'll be figuring out how many copies to order soon and I want to make sure I get enough to satisfy everyone who'd like to read it.

No comments: