Saturday, November 21, 2009

Excited About The New Aliens Vs Predator Game? Me Too!

After watching Alien and Aliens fairly recently, I got nostalgic about my old Aliens Vs Predator game that ushered me into the online gaming world, back in late 1999 or early 2000. I can still remember some of the levels in it, despite it being about 8 years since I last played it. I decided to see if my current PC would run it, but then discovered that the game has gone missing. I still have the box and guide booklet for it, but no disc! Since I had it in at work at some point in order to lend it out to someone, I'm assuming that it never came back to me. Oh well... c'est la vie!

Tonight I went looking for information about the new AvP game that's supposed to be coming out next year. I knew that there was one, but not much about it. Now I wanted to know more.

By far the most rewarding find in that search was this terrific interview with some folks from Rebellion, the makers of the 1999 PC game that I'd so loved. They're actually the people producing the new version, which this time is heading out to PC and console owners! The interview brought back a lot more great memories, as well as filling me with hope that the new version - release date unannounced but rumoured to be 1st or 2nd quarter 2010 - will deliver like the old one did. To this day, the original AvP is the scariest game I've ever played, with several of the F.E.A.R. titles coming a distant second. If this followup feature from Rebellion ends up living up to the description that its creators provided in that interview, I will be one happy camper when that bad boy ships next year. It's more likely that I'll be disappointed, but for now: I'm living in the Hopeful Zone!

No comments: