Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Got Your Christmas Shopping Done Yet?

Yes, it's that time of the year again... specifically, the "one month until Christmas" date that I use as my "you better be done your shopping by now" deadline. This year I'm pretty much complete, although I still need to find one item at the right price. Since I'm looking for it online, though, I'm not worried about running into the mob scene at the mall when I try to get it.

Speaking of mob scenes, the U.S. Thanksgiving Week should be starting right about... (checks watch, sees that it's almost noon)... NOW. I imagine that American offices, at least in the Eastern time zone, are already beginning to shut down. We have the Black Friday Trampling news coverage to look forward to when the "door crasher" sales open up in about 44 hours' time. This is always a strange time for us Canadians, as it's just business as usual for us while our neighbours to the south get a little crazy on turkey and dressing.

And, of course, if you haven't started hearing Christmas music yet, you don't have long to wait now.

No comments: