Wednesday, November 04, 2009

A Milestone And An Anniversary, All Wrapped Up With A Bow

For those who've lost count (and shame on them, I say!) this is the 2500th post on this blog. That's right: 2500! That's two and a half thousand brain farts released over the course of roughly 37 months, put out there (err, here) for the world to enjoy! If you're one of the plucky few who've read each and every one of those entries, lo these past several years, then right about now you should really be asking yourself: "What the Hell was I thinking?!"

Imagine if someone stumbled across this blog today and decided to read its entire contents in reverse order! They'd be at it for a while, of course (I've lost track of the word count, but it's probably somewhere between half a million and a million) and they'd also be immersed in a crash course on just what I find interesting... whether anyone else does or not!

Today also marks the 1st anniversary of perhaps my happiest day of last year: November 4th. That was the day that both Resistance 2 and President-Elect Barack Obama arrived to provide some much-needed relief to the long-suffering masses. It was a magical day in my life, and I can't help but get a little bounce back in my step today, just thinking about it.

When I started this blog back in Oct of 2006, I would never have believed that I'd still be at it 2500 posts later. And yet here we are. Will it last for another 2500? I wouldn't even begin to make a call on that one right now. But I'm pretty sure that, if it does go another 2500, it'll take us a lot longer than 37 months to get there! I feel tired, just thinking about that much more writing.

No comments: