Monday, May 09, 2011

Thoughts On Thor

No big review for this one, as I had a very busy day today and just don't have the energy for it right now. But... I will say that I loved Thor, perhaps even more than I did the first Iron Man (but not quite in the same ballpark as Batman Begins, The Dark Knight or Spider-Man 2, all of which have so far set the high water marks for superhero films). I thought the pace was excellent, the balance of action between Asgard and Midgard (Earth) was perfect, and loved both Chris Hemsworth and Natalie Portman as Thor and Jane Foster, respectively. The humour was very well done, the action was awesome, and about the only thing that didn't work for me was the 3D. I think I'd actually have enjoyed it more seeing it in 2D, as I found the 3D distracting.

For those who go to see it and stick around through the end credits to see the bonus scene (as we did): the object revealed within the briefcase looked to me to be the Cosmic Cube. That should be showing up in Captain America: The First Avenger in July, from what I've heard. It's something that allows its holder to warp reality to match his or her thoughts, and will likely show up in the hands of the Red Skull during World War II in CATFA, and possibly reappear in next year's Avengers movie.

No comments: