Monday, October 24, 2011

A Brief Agile Update

As I've mentioned before, I've been doing a series of Agile 101 workshops for one of the local employers throughout the year. I've done four of them so far, including one in Regina, SK midway through last month.

It now looks as if I'll likely be doing one for the local chapter of the Project Management Institute. This is a horse of a different colour, compared to the earlier ones, for two reasons: the attendees are likely to be mostly project managers as opposed to coming from a wide variety of roles, and they'll be from lots of different companies and industries. I'm not sure what impact the second point will have, but I'm planning to adapt the material slightly in recognition of the first one. Specifically, I'll need to address the always-thorny question of, "What does a PM do in an Agile shop?" more fully than I've done in the past.

If this happens, it looks like it'll be late next month. If you're interested in attending or know someone who is, let me know and I can put you in touch with the appropriate contact for it.

No comments: