Saturday, September 22, 2012

Somedays You Just Have To Be Lucky

I just happened to check our SARA (cable box) guide this afternoon, to make sure that tonight's episode of Doctor Who was going to record.  I've got it set to record all new episodes of the show, but I still don't entirely trust the crappy programming within SARA to always work when left to its own (heh) devices.

As it turns out, it wasn't even SARA that was going to screw us over tonight.  Instead, it was the data providers this time.  They had Stargate Universe as being scheduled on Space at 9:00 p.m., rather than the good doctor.  I was skeptical of that fact, so I checked the webpage for Space, and sure enough, it was supposed to be Doctor Who.  I hoped they'd fix their data before showtime, but just in case they didn't, I set Stargate Universe to record, too.

As I type these words, it's 9:30 and the Guide still claims that SU is on, even though a quick check of what's recording confirms it's actually Matt Smith and his TARDIS.  Once again, my lack of faith has saved me.

Had I not thought to check into this today, I'd be some kind of pissed off tomorrow when I discovered we had no new Doctor Who to watch!

No comments: