Saturday, September 29, 2012

Baseball Fever Starting To Set In

I haven't paid that much attention to the 2012 baseball season up to now, mainly because I've been trying to watch (and therefore stress over) less sports lately.  The National Hockey League appears to be doing everything they can to help me, in that regard, as it's looking like we night have another shortened NHL season ahead of us... if that.  Add in the debacle of the replacement refs in the NFL, and it doesn't really feel like I've been missing all that much.

But as the final few days click off the MLB season, I'm being drawn back in.  The Tigers are making a run for the postseason, despite me having written them off weeks ago.  And the new Wildcard format - whereby 2 teams in each league get wildcard berths, but then have a one-game playoff to decide which team advances to the League Divisonal Series - is making for some exciting finishes.  I'm watching the Tigers and Twins right now, having watched all of the Jays - Yankees game earlier this afternoon, and that probably matches my seasonal total coming into today.

In other words, I should soon be primed and ready for the start of the 2012 MLB postseason!

No comments: