Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Our Miserables Night

No, that's not a typo: we went to see Les Miserables last night!  I surprised both of my girls with the news that "I'd be OK going to Les Mis... I know how much both of you would enjoy that."  Then I surprised myself by actually loving it!  I know - a musical that I loved!  What are the odds?  We talked about it all the way home afterward.

Other than that, it was a quiet day here in Melbourne.  Ryan worked (we never even saw him, actually) while Vicki and Tammy shopped in the afternoon and I did a little writing.  I needed some down time after the hectic-but-wonderful long weekend, and I got it.

This morning Tammy and I were supposed to go for our first run, but that was scheduled for 7:30 and she's still sleeping as we approach 9:30.  It's probably too hot now for anything quite so strenuous, but there's always tomorrow (or possibly even tonight, if it cools back down and we're not busy).

We're now about 1 week into our 3-week vacation, and it's been terrific so far.  I haven't started feeling too homesick yet, but I'm sure I will.  It definitely helps having both Vicki and Tammy here... now if only Jonesy could've come, too! :(


No comments: