Sunday, January 25, 2009

Just Eleven More Shopping Months Until Christmas

January 25th is the day, every year, when I think about the fact that the big gift-giving event of the past year's holiday season is already a month in the past despite it not feeling like it happened all that long ago.

If you charged your way through the spending spree, then it's around-about now that you might be receiving your credit card statement for December and wondering, "What on Earth was I thinking?"

By now you've probably returned or exchanged the gifts that didn't fit or simply weren't right, and possibly even resolved to "do better next year" at getting your shopping done early, even though history would say otherwise.

The older I get, the more that I wish we'd just tone down the hysteria around Christmas, and the less that it seems to happen. Maybe that's just part of the aging process, for all that I know. With only 334 days until the next one, though, I'm already slightly depressed at the thought of it all starting up again!

No comments: