Sunday, January 03, 2010

Can't We All Just Kill Each Other And Leave It At That?

As readers of this blog are well aware, I love certain types of video games (notably, first person shooters). I can even enjoy a certain social aspect to gaming, as I like playing with or against people I know. But some people take the stuff just a little too seriously and way too far. Every month I see stories about people being stabbed over a console, getting in fights as the result of one of them "pwning" the other, or kids freaking out because they have their gaming privileges taken away.

Worst of all, though, are the predatory patterns like this one. Now, here at least the younger of the two was 16, rather than 12 or 14 as more often seems to be the case. But still... 42 and 16?! Not quite Harold and Maude territory, but bad enough!

Let's stick to what video games were intended for: virtual death and destruction!

No comments: