Friday, May 14, 2010

How Classy People "Handle The Scandal"

You may or may not have heard about the big bruhaha involving Neil Gaiman this week, but I can almost guarantee that you'll be impressed by how he handled it (all of the details can be found there, including links to various pieces of it if you want more context than Neil provides). When the story first broke, I have to admit that I had the expected reaction: "He charged $45,000 for a library appearance that lasted part of a day?!" It just didn't match my opinion of how Neil operates, considering that he's a big supporter of libraries and is the last person I'd expect to gouge one for a fee (Sarah Palin, on the other hand...)

Of course, once I heard the full story (details at the aforementioned link), the planets resumed their normal orbits and all was right in the universe again. But that hasn't stopped others from misusing the facts in this story for their own political agendas.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Love his reply. And he donated the fee before the brouhaha erupted!!!
He's such a classy guy and that fee isn't that outrageous.