Sunday, December 12, 2010

Prestige Me!

In just over a month (32 days, or about 36 hrs of gameplay) I leveled all the way up in Call of Duty: Black Ops multiplayer. That means that I took my online character from level 1 all the way to level 50, with each promotion requiring more Experience Points (XP) than the previous one.

When I was in a similar situation with Modern Warfare 2, I decided not to Prestige. For those who don't know, that means starting all over again at level 1, with all of the best weapons and equipment once more being locked out until you re-achieve the higher levels. There's no huge incentive to do this, other than bragging rights and the desire to re-challenge yourself with the most rudimentary loadouts. I played a few games after Prestiging this afternoon, and have been promoted 3 times already... but again, the lower ranks are the easiest to pass through!

I didn't realize that my Call of Duty Points (the currency you use to buy stuff for your character) would be reset to zero, or I might've thought about it a little longer. I had over 150,000 CoDP at my disposal, and they're all now gone. I'm already wanting to buy Claymores and my 3 favourite perks, but am seriously short of the points I need for them right now.

I doubt I'll get all the way back up to level 50 again, but we'll see. At least I'm still playing the game!

No comments: