Thursday, December 30, 2010

Second Time Lucky


So it took me just over a month - Nov 10 to Dec 12 - to reach level 50 in Call of Duty: Black Ops the first time. At that point I decided to prestige, after which I was right back to level 1 again.

Tonight, I reached level 50 for the second time, and it only took me 18 days to do so. I've raised my KTD to 1.42, but it would've been even higher if I hadn't taken on so many Contracts that required me to play more aggressively. I'm currently 231-6 in terms of Contracts (completed to failed).

Here's a longshot kill:



And here's one that's much more up close and personal. That poor guy picked the wrong place to climb up to:



I played this particular game with wild abandon, as I knew I was close to reaching level 50. Below you can see a couple of enemies charging into the room where I'm crouching, just seconds before I'd blow them both away. I finished the game with 22 kills and 3 deaths, which is just how I would've scripted a match in which I'd get my final promotion!



Anyway, I don't think I'll prestige again. I'm probably close to burning out on the online portion of the game, so running through the 50 levels a third time doesn't appeal right now. But we'll see.

No comments: