Monday, December 06, 2010

Snow Day!

I have to say, today was a pretty wacky day in these parts. Vicki's aunt and uncle from Baltimore braved the localized snowstorm to get back on the highway toward the States after spending the night with us (and having a fabulous visit with us); I had my first "winter walk" with Julie and her dog Cooper, most of it in snow that was up to my knees (the route that would normally take us about an hour lasted just over two hours, I think); I then had a long nerve-wracking drive home that covered about 3 kms but took almost half an hour to complete with several points threatening to leave me stuck in the snow; and I shoveled a whole lot of the white stuff here at home before and after my adventure on the roads... and still didn't keep up with the amount moved by Zac, our teen shoveler!

Vicki wisely stayed home (Monday is usually her day to go into the office on her current contract) but still managed to get 5 hrs of work done (a long day by our standards these days). I read tweets about people pushing stuck cars and delinquent buses (Julie and I participated in one of the former at the end of our walk, and she apparently did 2 more this evening on her own) and lots of folks worked from home. I was glad that I didn't have any tutoring scheduled for today as I would've worried about whether they'd be able to get here and I wasn't really in the mood to work anyway.

In other words, it was a very topsy turvy day. Here's hoping we get back to normality soon... cuz today was nuts!

No comments: