Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Some Tidbits About Resistance 3

Although it's still nearly a year away from release, news is slowly emerging about what to expect from Resistance 3, the followup to 2006's Resistance: Fall of Man and 2008's Resistance 2. A nice summary, from Insomniac Games' Creative Director, Marcus Smith, can be found here.

Of most interest to me:
  • the return of the weapon wheel, so that we won't be limited to just 2 guns at a time
  • a 2-person Coop mode for the campaign, available both locally (split screen) and online
In both cases, this seems to reflect Insomniac listening to the feedback of those of us who loved the first game but were frustrated by some of the changes made for the sequel. As I'm always quick to point out: I still loved Resistance 2. But it could've been even better if it had stuck closer to the feel of its predecessor in a few significant ways, including the two areas listed above. So kudos to Insomniac! I can't wait to see what this game ends up bringing to the table.

In the meantime, I continue to enjoy Black Ops. I'm a level 44 (of 50) now, and am toying with the idea of prestiging at least once. And then at some point I need to continue the single player campaign, into which I've only gotten about 20 minutes!

No comments: