Monday, February 28, 2011

"And I'd Like To Thank My Wife, Uhhhhh, Whatever Her Name Is"

I'm not sure I'll ever see anything funnier than Christian Bale last night at the Oscars, as he clearly couldn't remember his wife's name... while she looked on, stunned, from the audience! Julie was over watching the show with us, and she immediately pointed it out, but I refused to believe it. I mean, c'mon: how can a man possibly forget the name of his spouse?! But we rewound it when Julie insisted that that's what had just happened, and sure enough, she was right. This definitely tops any recorded tirade of Bale's that ever has been, or ever will be released for public consumption!

And I really hope he's planning to lose that beard before filming on The Dark Knight Rises begins! Maybe his wife, whatever her name is, will force that issue before she divorces him.

[Update later that same day: Jimmy Hinckley makes the case, in a Comment, that perhaps Bale was just too choked up to say his wife's name. I hope that's what it was. It's inconceivable to me that someone would forget his own spouse's name, as I clearly stated to... Mrs Holmes... last night! :-) ]

2 comments:

Jimmy said...

I thought the same thing at first, but then I thought he may have been choked up/emotional and couldn't say her name without tearing up.

Following that admittedly awkward pause, it seemed that he was emotional talking about his kids too.

tammy said...

It was the general consensus on the internets that he was just choked up