Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Pattern Emerges

I'm noticing a definite pattern in my Killzone 3 multiplayer experience thus far: I try a role - eg. Engineer - and initially suck at it, dragging my kill-to-death ratio lower and lower. Then I start to get the hang of it, and my results slowly improve, to the point where I'm finishing most games with a KTD higher than 1.00. At some point I decide to try out a new role - eg. Marksman - and the sequence starts all over again, which can be quite humbling, let me tell you!

I've now "mastered" Engineer and Marksman, but haven't tried Infiltrator, Tactician or Medic yet, except in the Botzone arena. I'm not sure which to try next. As a Marksman tonight, I was completely disgusted when one group of team mates seemed utterly oblivious to the requirement that our Engineers need to be fixing ammo dumps for us! Since I only spawn with 80 rounds in my Assault Rifle as a Marksman, I had the displeasure of running out of ammo several times... which usually resulted in me dying pretty quickly. A couple times I was able to claim a fresh gun off a nearby corpse, but c'mon people! That's no way to play as an Engineer, for crying out loud!

Anyway, it's a terrific game, and I've already logged over 6 hrs of online play in my first 4 days of owning it!

1 comment:

Boneman8 said...

You keep pushing my buttons!! Am I going to have to make a stop tonight and pick this bad boy up?? Possibly....