Sunday, February 06, 2011

It's Nice To Be Wrong Sometimes

I was pretty sure that the hated Steelers would claim another NFL championship tonight, especially after they avoided both the Colts and Patriots on their road to the Superbowl. I was so sure of that undesirable outcome that I didn't even watch the game... not for the commercials, not for the half-time show, and not to see them hoist the Vince Lombardi trophy for the 7th time.

As it turned out, though, despite a big comeback, the bad boys from Pittsburgh managed to lose to the Green Bay Packers by 6 points! If I'd been watching, it would've been sheer torture to see them get back even that close. It sounds like Ben the sexual predator and his offensive line (just too easy to make a poor-taste joke out of that!) had a chance with two minutes to go, which would have had me hiding my eyes behind my fingers had I been perched in front of the game.

Instead, Vicki and I watched a couple episodes of Mad Men, Season Four, and thoroughly enjoyed our evening! That show just keeps on winning me over!

Congrats to the Packers for keeping the 2010/11 NFL season from being a complete disaster for me.

No comments: