Monday, February 21, 2011

Don't Like The Looks Of This So Far...

So Killzone 3 is due out tomorrow, and yet my pre-order of the game from Future Shop hasn't shipped yet. As Vicki said when I told her that: "But how's it going to get here tomorrow if it hasn't even shipped yet?" Exactly.

If I'm lucky, it'll ship tomorrow and be here by Wednesday. I'm tempted to go buy a copy from a store tomorrow and then return my pre-ordered copy once it arrives. The lesson here seems to be that I can't rely on getting anything on the release date if I pre-order it online; maybe reserving a copy at a store is the only way to go. Seems like a failure of the online economy, though... especially considering that I've previously received pre-ordered merchandise on or even ahead of the launch date (Halo: Reach, several DVDs).

Very disappointing, this. In a relatively minor way, that is.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I've had good luck pre-ordering stuff from Amazon (since that's kind of their bread and butter); you could give that a shot if you want. Maybe pre-order a movie or something that you're not really fussed about when it actually arrives, and then check to see if it does arrive on the release date.