Friday, March 08, 2013

Extra Large Double Double

Today's the 22nd anniversary (double double, get it?) of the day Vicki and I got married, waaaaay back in 1991.  That was a Friday, just like today is.  We both took the day off work, and headed to the Justice of the Peace with Tammy in tow and a very small number of close friends as witnesses.  Afterward, it was photos in our backyard (in the cold), and later still, dinner with friends at the downtown Crock 'n' Block, now long gone. 

Today, we've got a new bed being delivered and dinner reservations for two at Tony Roma's.  Slightly more mundane, and yet it never feels that way when you're with the right person.  We were lucky enough to get three weeks of high-quality time with Tammy and Ryan last month in Australia, and thrilled to have Emma living with us for the past 6 months and on into the future.  All these years later, life is still good!

I can't even begin to imagine what the last 22 years would've been like if I hadn't spent them with Vicki, and I'm so glad I've never had to. 

Oh, and as a bonus, this is my 3600th blog post.  Nice day for it, I'd say!

No comments: