Sunday, June 12, 2011

When EA Battles Activision, Fans Win!

The contest for online gamers' hearts, dollars and time toward the end of this year looks like it's going to be waged within the virtual confines of Battlefield 3 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. The companies that own those two franchises are already busy sniping at each other - with words, not bullets! - and it certainly appears that a major pissing match is brewing between them.

Personally, I hope both games are amazing, as I'd love to have a several month-long stretch over the winter where I have two games that I can't wait to play online each day! I already know my fall will be dominated by Resistance 3 - due out Sep 6th, and almost guaranteed to hold me in thrall for a few months. So if, by the time I'm starting to tire of R3, there are a pair of top-notch First Person Shooters available to take its place, I'll be thrilled. What I've heard and seen of both games has been impressive so far, and they're still almost half a year away. So I can't wait to find out if they live up to the hype!

It definitely looks like the back end of 2011 will be dominated by 3's!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Portal 3? R&C 3? What about ICO 1?