Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I'd Estimate That Went Pretty Well

Today's workshop on Relative Estimation, a topic I haven't covered in about 5 years, was actually a lot of fun. How do I know that? Well, I didn't get much sleep last night, thanks to a very scratchy throat over the past few days, and yet I still enjoyed the session immensely.

I could tell that the attendees started off a little unimpressed about having to spend a day in training, and visibly unconvinced about the snake oil I was apparently there to sell them on. They weren't rude about it, but the vibe in the room was pretty easy to read.

By the end of the day, though, most if not all of them were enthusiastic practioners of relative estimation, and excited to tell me how much they were looking forward to using their new skill. The results from my feedback form would seem to bear that out, as well:

Effectiveness of the presentation portion: 8.8 out of 10
Effectiveness of the hands-on activities: 9.6 out of 10
Overall effectiveness as an intro to the topic: 9.2 out of 10

Wow. Those may be the best results I've ever gotten. I'm quite sure the 9.6 (9.6!!) is the single best score I've received on the hands-on portion of any workshop I've led. I hope I get more opportunities to do this particular material, as it's clearly a big winner.

No comments: