Friday, July 17, 2009

My Kind Of Job

I'd been on a bit of gaming break after finally tiring of inFAMOUS, but last night I decided to crack the seal on my copy of Red Faction: Guerrilla and give it a try. I thought I more or less knew what to expect, thanks to playing the demo for it a couple months ago, but it's turning out to be even more fun than I'd counted on.

If you like wrecking stuff - and what guy doesn't? - then RF:G is just the game for you! You play as a demolitions expert who gets dragged into the rebellion on Mars shortly after arriving there. I'd have to say that, after killing bad guys and solving puzzles, figuring out new ways to destroy buildings and set off explosions while taking the maximum risk without actually dying in the process might just be my next favourite video game activity! Vicki was attempting to read a book while I was going through the first level last night but she just couldn't keep her eyes off the increasingly-humourous shenanigans tha I was up to in the game. I got lots of "That thing's going to come down right on top of your head if you don't get out of there..." comments from her, and it became a sort of game-within-the-game for me to prove her wrong as often as I could!

And really, that's not even the main thrust of the game... but wow, are the physics and graphics ever well done when you bring those suckers down! The only downside is that now I don't really want to play it unless Vicki's around to kibbitz... I mean, where's the fun in that?

No comments: