Saturday, July 04, 2009

My Latest Acquisition

Recession? What Recession?

I made an impulse purchase on eBay last week, and am thrilled to now have the product in my hands. Vicki brought to my attention the fact that someone was selling a few original pages from the JLA/Avengers miniseries drawn by George Perez. I had hoped to find a nice page from the final issue, as I already have one example from each of the first three. Sadly, no pages from # 4 were available, but I ended up bidding on and winning page 36, from the 3rd issue (shown to the left).

A few points about this particular page that make it a desirable addition to my collection:
  • it prominently features the Phantom Stranger, which will go well with the Swamp Thing page that I have up which includes that same mysterious character
  • an image of Marvel's Grandmaster is shown in the first panel, echoing his appearance in the page that I own from the initial issue of the series
  • it has Wonder Woman in it, who is the only character from either DC or Marvel to show up in each of the other three JLA/Avengers pages that I own
  • amazingly, this page has all 7 founding members of the Justice League (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman and the Martian Manhunter), as well as four of the five founding Avengers (Thor, Iron Man, the Wasp and Hank "Ant Man/Goliath/Giant Man" Pym); as an added bonus, it also includes the member of the team (Captain America) who replaced the one missing founder (the Hulk)! How awesome is that?
I love this page and can hardly wait to get it framed and up on the wall beside its brethren!

No comments: