Thursday, September 10, 2009

Comic Buying Back Up Again

After a nice little run there where I'd gotten my weekly comic buying down to about 4 or 5 titles, I've recently run it back up to around 8 or 9. That's the bad news, as I had really hoped to keep the spending light on that front.

The good news, however, is that when I look at what I'm picking up of late, it's almost all top notch stuff! The addition of The Complete Dracula and Sherlock Holmes mini-series, both by the writing team of Leah Moore and John Reppion, are two examples of changes-for-the-better in my monthly intake. And the putrifying goodness that is Blackest Night has had me happily slapping down cash for mini-series and tie-ins that I normally wouldn't bother with. I'm also buying about half of the titles in the Bat- and Super-universes right now, which accounts for another half-dozen monthly reads. Pile on the return of Barry "The Flash" Allen and a relaunched Ultimates (now called Ultimate Avengers) and everything's coming up daisies at the moment.

So, for now, I'm OK with my increased spending. I'd say I'm getting good value for my money, which wasn't the case when I started paring things down a year or so ago. As long as I can stick to my "chuck what sucks" approach, then it's all good. Nothing to see here, really. Move along now!

No comments: