Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Nothing Left To Read

I'm now in a state that I haven't been in many years: I have no unread comics!

There's always been at least one pile of comics in the bedroom waiting to be read, and sometimes there have also been boxes of them languishing in the basement. As of a few minutes ago, however, I'm completely, 100% caught up! No back issues remain to be perused; no trade paperback collections are waiting to be opened; and no weekly additions to the collection sit unappreciated. I can't remember the last time all of that was true, meaning that it's been a looooong time in coming.

The very last thing I read was Book One of The Walking Dead, which I enjoyed enough to warrant buying Book Two tomorrow when I go to pick up this week's new crop. (It's an interesting series that features a zombie-filled world and the few remaining humans who are trying to survive within it.) Needless to say, my "no unread comics" condition won't last very long if I'm heading to the comic store tomorrow. But the lack of any pile of back issues to work through suggests that I may get back to it pretty quickly.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Walking Dead might just be the best zombie story I have ever read. I am not normally interested in zombie stories and really only read it because Tim suggested it to me. It is one of 5 comics on my pull list at the moment.