Tuesday, September 08, 2009

One Slack Week Left

With this being Back to School Week, not all of my students are being tutored this week as some parents considered it just a little too hectic already (and I can sympathize). Because of that, I'll only see three of them between now and the weekend, for a total of three hours.

Next week, when things shift into high gear, I'll have all six students in action, and a whopping eight hours of tutoring time to accommodate! I've never come close to that much activity in a single week before, and yet it's about to become the new norm. How crazy is that?! On the positive side, though, at least they should be in "school mode" shortly, after a long summer of having their brains slowly shut down on them. I'm cautiously optimistic that retention and general attitudes will improve as the school year proceeds, even though they'll also have other homework to contend with.

Let the fun and games begin!

No comments: