Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Game That Keeps On Giving

Resistance 2, as longtime followers of this blog must surely recall, came out more than a year ago now (Nov 4, 2008, to be precise). I spent hundreds of hours playing it during those first several months after its release, before eventually moving on to other - less entertaining, immersive and addictive - games. For about four or five months, though, that R2 disk rarely, if ever, exited my PS/3.

Today, more than 13 months after its debut, that terrific game was back in the console once again. Tammy, Boneman, Boneman Jr and I spent an hour and a half playing a variety of Competitive and Cooperative matches, still getting our money's worth out of a game that almost never disappoints. I can't imagine revisiting most games that long after they've come and gone, but Insomniac really knows how to make 'em.

I imagine there may be some new offerings in the video game market showing up among my presents tomorrow, and I'll greatly enjoy every single one of them, to be sure. But it's hard to top this particular Insomniac franchise and hopefully by this time next year I'll be raving about Resistance 3!

No comments: