Monday, December 07, 2009

World's Worst Husband

Vicki was on one of the local TV programs this morning, speaking about the Women's Canadian Club of which she's currently the president. I drove her there and then waited in the "green room" (really just a kitchen area) while she went before the cameras and did her spiel. Just before she was to go on, one of the earlier guests came back to where I was and started asking me about my Math tutoring experiences (which had come up before the program began). I got so involved in that conversation that I missed all but the last few seconds of Vicki's interview! What kind of a husband am I?

Fortunately, I had set up both the PVR and VCR to record her appearance, and we both got to watch it together once we got home. She did great, to the point where it's hard to believe that it was her first time on TV! No flubs, no moments where she looked like a deer caught in the headlights, and no flop sweat (see: Albert Brooks in the film, Broadcast News). She's a natural, and I expect they'll ask her back for return appearances in the future.

As for me, I got to try out more of my material from the Math book that I'm writing, and it really seemed to captivate the interest of each person I talked to. I just have to pay better attention to what's on the monitor next time!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What's a VCR? *smirk*

Vicki said...

It's what you have to tape programs on if you are going to share them with your out of town parents that don't own a computer, nevermind anything fancier! Smirking right back and smiling!

Moral support from Matt to drive and be there for me was much appreciated!

Boneman8 said...

When will the video be posted on YouTube??

tammy said...

agreed - youtube it please!