Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Other Christmas Goodies

In addition to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, I also received some non-video game presents for Christmas!

Reading material included The Audacity to Win by David Plouffe and Our Choice by Al Gore (both from Tammy), as well as Chronic City by Jonathan Lethem and Malcolm Gladwell's What the Dog Saw (courtesy of Vicki).

In the comic book category, Tammy gave me a nice copy of Thor # 136 while Vicki loaded me up with the Justice League of America Archives # 2, World's Finest # 115 and Adventure Comics # 212, all of which are from the Silver Age. Vicki also bestowed the drool-inducing Absolute V For Vendetta on me, which will look very fine indeed beside my Absolute Watchmen from a year or two ago.

But wait, there's more: I also got a few movies on DVD. Tammy continued her recent run of finding films I've never heard of (last year it was Let the Right One In and The Lives of Others that impressed me greatly) and gave me Good Bye Lenin! and Oldboy. Vicki countered with One Week and Star Trek (special edition including a replica Enterprise).

And just so that I wouldn't have to play, read or watch any of those items bare chested, I also received shirts from Bali and Cambodia (thanks to Tammy's big Asia trip this past summer) and the Batcave.

And last but most certainly not least, I hauled in gift certificates from Future Shop and Starbucks, as well as hot chocolate (complete with mug) and chocolates of many varieties, courtesy of my long-suffering Math students and their parents. It was both surprising and endearing that each of them thought to give me something, when I really hadn't expected any of them to do so!

As you can see, I was thoroughly and completely spoiled this year, once again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Easily I assent to but I think the list inform should have more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Again a honesty a possessions post. Because of your also pen-friend