Thursday, July 08, 2010

Absolutely Gorgeous

I finally broke down this week and ordered the first volume of Absolute Planetary. I've been holding off doing so in the hopes that Wildstorm would announce an Absolute edition that included the 3 crossover issues (JLA, Batman, and The Authority), which are the only Planetary tales not collected into the Absolute books. Since I don't perceive any movement in that direction, though, and seeing as a friend has recently been reading Planetary in trade paperback format, I figured the time had come to add this oversized version of the Warren Ellis/John Cassaday masterpiece to my shelf. I resisted the urge to order both Absolute volumes, however, as I want to take my time with the first one and only when I'm done it make the purchase of Book Two.

This will be the first time I've re-read the early issues of Planetary in several years, as well as my introduction to the pages in the much larger Absolute form. What a treat this is going to be!

No comments: