Sunday, July 25, 2010

Where Were The Big Announcements?

This year's San Diego Comic Convention seemed noticeably lacking in big announcements. Last year, we learned that Disney Comics had acquired the rights to Marvelman, as one example of a big shocker coming out over the 4 days in 2009. There was nothing even close to that this time around.

For example, DC Comics is launching a new Batman title (what? the 5 or 6 we have already aren't enough), and lots of miniseries and creative team changes were revealed. But it was all just sort of blah this year. Or maybe the drugs I'm on have dulled my ability to be impressed? I guess I'll only sort that possibility out when I'm off the meds in a week or so.

And it was sort of cool seeing all of The Avengers actors on stage together for the first time, I guess.

No comments: