Friday, July 02, 2010

The Perfect Response: Put Up Or Shut Up!

As I've watched the news coverage of the big Wonder Woman makeover story this week, I've been struck by the volume of negativity that's been associated with it. From comic fans far and wide to gossip queen Nikki Finke and even to Fox News, there's been a ton of dumping on Diana's latest phase... mostly from people who haven't read her comic in years, if ever. My response to that is: if you really want to have a vote in what happens to the Amazon Princess, you should really be buying her comic!

For those who prefer the traditional version (about to be - temporarily - updated), there are trade paperbacks and even the odd original graphic novels out there, the purchase of which would show some support for Star Spangled Pantie Diana. On the other hand, I'll be showing my faith in what JMS is trying to do with the character right now by picking up the next year or two worth of issues that he's writing.

For those who prefer to sit on the sidelines and gripe about the upcoming change with no skin in the game and no money on the table, I have no sympathy.

No comments: