Monday, July 05, 2010

In Pursuit Of Some Work

Thanks to a friend, I got an introduction to someone working in the Toronto area who may be in the market for my Relative Estimating/Story Point workshop.

As a variation on the "try before you buy" method of getting your foot in the door first, I've offered to visit the company and do a (free) 45-minute Lunch & Learn on the topic up front, in order to give the folks there a better idea of what they'd be getting for their money. That's now being scheduled for Thursday of next week, after which we'll discuss the possibility of bringing the full workshop in-house for them.

Needless to say, there's a bit of pressure on me to do a good job with the Lunch & Learn, but really only to the extent that I always feel when I do a guest lecture or other speaking engagement. I've never taken any of them lightly in the past, and I don't plan to this time, either. It just happens that there's actual money riding on the outcome of this one, for a change.

No comments: