Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Painfully Unwelcome Return Of BoilBoy

Three years after his last appearance, BoilBoy is unfortunately back.

This time I've gone to the doctor straight away, though, and am now on a 10-day course of antibiotics. The hope is that the drugs will take the swelling down and then some hack with a scalpel - by which, of course, I mean a talented member of the medical profession - will be able to cut the core of it out without leaving a huge scar on my back or requiring daily re-packing like happened the last time (see 2nd link above).

Right now, the big hump on my back is still somewhat smaller than the previous one got, and about 2/3 as painful. Basically, it hurts when anything, including the cloth of my T-shirt, touches it, but otherwise not too bad. The nurse, upon seeing it this morning, exclaimed, "Holy Hannah!!" I kid you not.

Oh, and for those hoping for photos of the new arrival... sorry, nothing yet!

5 comments:

Mike Marsman said...

Photos == DO NOT WANT

I'm still recovering from the last round.

T said...

It's posts like this that keep me coming back, again and again.

Matt - how do you do what you do? Amazing.

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Tim, it's people like you who make people like me make fun of people like you... and vice versa, of course!

Never change, man!

Sue G said...

Having had an unsolicited live viewing of said boil on the weekend, I agree with Mikem... photos definitely not required it. the world will be better off if you let people use their imaginations.

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Cowards, all of you!

If you think it's hard to look at, just imagine how it feels!

Given the option, I'd much rather see one of these suckers than have one.