Wednesday, September 08, 2010

For The Record

Vicki, Tammy and I have been trying to figure out whether our cat Lucy is 7 or 8 years old right now. We knew we got her, as a kitten, in May, but couldn't remember if it was 2002 or 2003.

Tonight, Vicki happened to be looking through some old day planners of hers, and found the answer: Lucy is 8 years old, having been born somewhere around the 1st of April, 2002. She came to us on May 17th that year, which was the Friday that started the May long weekend in that palindromic year. I always remembered that it was that weekend because I had to work for most of it, meaning that I missed a good chunk of those wonderful first few days with a new kitten in the house. Funny the things that stick with you! It's like I always say: it seems highly improbable to me that any of us will ever express regrets on our deathbed that we didn't spend enough time at our jobs. And yet most of us live our lives as if we would...

3 comments:

tammy said...

Did we actually consult on this? I feel like that'd have been an easy answer for me - because 2003 was the year I graduated high school, and I know we had her for longer than just my last month of school. However, I definitely wouldn't have been able to choose between 2001 and 2002.

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

That's funny, Tam... we must not have said which years we were foggy on. I was stuck between 2002 and 2003, but couldn't ruled out 2001 b/c that was my first year at my new job and I knew that wasn't the May long weekend I had to work.

So we really had narrowed it down to 2002 and just didn't realize it!

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Sorry.. "could have ruled out 2001", I should've written in my previous comment.