Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My First Halo: Reach LOL Moment

Anyone who's ever played any video game with me that involves driving knows that I love to put the vehicles into places that they're simply not intended to go. Sometimes I do it on purpose, and other times it just sort of happens. Playing Halo 3 in Coop mode, I generally tried to take every vehicle I found outside into every building on the map, much to the amusement/dismay of my real world teammates.

I'm about 30 minutes into the single player Halo: Reach campaign and I've already managed to wedge a Jeep in between a wall and a barrier. I gave it my best shot at unjamming it, but then I jumped out of the driver's seat and allowed one of my AI teammates to take over behind the wheel. He's been spinning the wheels and trying in desperation to get that sucker moving for about 5 minutes now (much of which I've spent composing this blog post), with the 2nd AI character occasionally expressing his frustration with this turn of events by offering up "Let's get rolling!" or "Gas is on the right! Hit it!" I couldn't stop laughing for the first minute or so, and then I decided to use this little break in the action to write it up properly here. I'm starting to think that he may not be any more successful at extricating our wheels than I was (although he keeps trying!). If that's the case, I guess I'll have to resort to explosives to get it back on the road.

Such is life with me and video game vehicles...

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Yep, this is LOL funny to those of us that are horrified when you get behind the wheel in a video game....