Wednesday, August 03, 2011

AgileMan Rides Again (But Is Pooped Right Now)

I did another Agile 101 Workshop today, with my lovely helper Vicki alongside me once more, at the same local company that we'd been at in April. This was for another group there, and there's already talk about possibly going back toward the end of the month for yet another collection of folks. It's really hard to convey just how tired I am after a full day workshop like that, but suffice to say I've done almost nothing since getting home around 5:00 p.m. My brain's too fried to make changes to Game Over, for example, or to even watch anything on TV. In fact, I'll probably be in bed by 10:00 tonight, which is about 2 hrs earlier than normal.

But it was a good session, and so worth a little mental exhaustion afterwards. The Effectiveness Survey results weren't quite as impressive this time out - 8.3 / 10 for the presentation portion and 8.4 / 10 for the hands-on activity - but still very respectable, all things considered.

Tomorrow, however, I have to get back to work on Game Over. I'm still hoping to start the self-publishing process in a couple of weeks. Julie has kindly provided her edits for all but the final chapter and the epilogue, and once I have those and the final few chapters from one other reviewer, I should be on the home stretch. I'll do one more pass at that point, and then get it ready for printing. So exciting... I can hardly wait for more people to read this thing!

No comments: